Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Summer Illustration Magazine Cover

Had to create a magazine cover where the theme was summer time. The lands are currently covered in snow! It is cold and not very inspiring. I immediately thought of what I don't have and that is warm sun and tasty barbecue! That's some pretty simple subject matter. Anyways, I think more than anything else I just wanted to paint something in the style of J.C. Leyendecker whose art I find incredibly inspiring. In that respect I think that I was only semi successful. I got some good feed back and I realize that if I want to make this more J.C. I have to have more dynamic clothes (folds and drama!) as well as even more brush strokes! 

In the end I had a good time painting this. There will definitely be more Leyendecker studies in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment